WEDNESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER - DAY ONE
- Meet at 12pm on Holy Island, location to be confirmed
- 12.00-4.00pm - Holy Island North Shore Photo Tour, Including, Gertrude Jekyll's Garden, Emmanual Head, Sandam Bay, Coves Haven, exploring the North Shore Dunescape including flora and fauna
- 4.00-6.15pm - Break and recharge for evening session
- 6.15-8.15pm - Golden Hour, Sunset and Last Light Photography Workshop, Sunset taken of the famous Pilgrims Way, Holy Island
- 8.15pm - Finish for the day
THURSDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER - DAY TWO
- 6.15-8.15am - First Light, Sunrise, Golden Hour Photography Workshop, First Light and Sunrise taken of the magnificent Lindisfarne Castle
- 8.15am-12.00pm - Break
- 12.00-4.00pm - Lindisfarne Castle Grasses, Rock and Old Jetty View, Holy Island Harbour upturned boats, The Heugh, St Cuthbert's Beach and St Cuthbert's Island, Lindisfarne Priory and St Mary's Church.
- 4.00pm - FINISH
NUMBER OF PLACES AVAILABLE
- Only 4 spaces available to ensure plenty of individual attention if needed, booking early is essential if you wish to secure a definite place on the tour.
INCLUDED IN COST
- Tuition during the timescale stated
- Transport between location's if needed, although most of the tour will be conducted on foot due to the geology of Holy Island.
EXCLUDED FROM COST
- Accommodation, you will need to stay on Holy Island at least for one night, the 19th September to be able to successfully complete the tour. (Booking early is essential to secure a room)
- Food and Beverages, although you will be encouraged to bring along your own drink/snack during the course of the tour and adequate rest and sustenance breaks are scheduled into each day.
- Transport to and from Tour. A meeting and drop of point will be stipulated at the start and end of each day, which will be on Holy Island during the Holy Island Tours. All meeting points will be within easy walking distance.
- Moderate, appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear will need to be worn.
- Suitable for all levels from beginners, intermediates, aspiring professionals and professionals alike.
- 2 Days, approximately 6 hours per day.
- Holy Island is a tidal island and can only be accessed twice a day via a causeway road. Please check tide times well in advance of travel on the link provided below and plan your travel and accommodation accordingly for the Holy Island Tours. Emma tries to make the timings of the tours as accommodating as possible for access to the island, however you may be required to book accommodation for a night on island or wait a few hours once the tour has finished on the final day for the tide to open if you do not wish to book more than one nights accommodation. Emma cannot be held responsible for tidal information that is the responsibility of the participant.
- Emma will encourage you to explore your own creativity and each location fully during the tour, giving you support and encouragement to find your own view point, helping with guidance through advice, technical knowledge, the creative aspect of photography and composition, enabling you to successfully capture some beautiful landscape & nature imagery of this captivating little island.
- Emma has been based on Holy Island (also known as Lindisfarne) as a professional photographer for 10 years, she is also a Coastguard Rescue Officer for Holy Island Coastguard so her local knowledge of the islands geology and tidal system is second to none. She fully understands the light and the best places to photograph at the best times of day of this ever changing tidal island nestled in the north sea.
- The Discovery Tours are aimed at every level from beginners, intermediates, aspiring professionals and professionals alike. Emma will offer guidance and encouragement to progress your photographic skill set to the next level. She also offers professional and experienced photographers guidance to locations.